Imagine if everyone felt good about themselves? What if we didn't let others get to us and if we didn't let stress get to us? How happy and peaceful would we all be? Here are 11 easy ways to change your thinking and feel good about YOU.
1. Make an intention: Wake up in the morning and take a moment to make an intention for a great day ahead.
2. Compliment yourself: When you look in the mirror, point out at least one thing you like about yourself. Take a moment to focus on that one thing and tell yourself why you like it.
3. Trust your instincts: When you are faced with a decision, take the time to dig deep and trust that you know the answer.
4. Don’t let life stop you: We all face hard times. Every single thing that happens is part of this thing called life. Don’t let it stop you. Keep going. Take the emotion aroused by those hard times and channel them into positive projects, thoughts, and actions.
5. Pay attention to your thoughts: When you notice yourself putting yourself down or thinking negatively, don’t be hard on yourself. Just notice it, accept that it is okay, but make the choice to turn it around. If you think a negative thought about yourself, stop and think a positive one instead.
6. Love Life: Sure, some days aren’t great. But, for the most part, life is pretty good. You have family, you have friends, you have love. Make the decision to love your life as it is, with no expectations of what it should be. Enjoy it.
7. Live in the present: Worrying about the future is useless. We have no idea what will happen tomorrow, next week, next month that could change our lives. So, why do we worry about it? Instead, enjoy the moments right NOW. Don’t miss out on living today by trying to live too much in the future.
8. Create a vision board: Vision boards are great. You can create it by hand, do it on our computer, or even use Pinterest. If there are things you want from life, from your career, from your relationships, for YOU, put them where you will see them every day. Set those goals and envision having them. Then, find the ways, small steps to get there. Create your life exactly as you want it.
9. Don’t let others offend you: We all know that when a person has a bad day, they can take it out on others. We also know that sometimes, people are just not good people. So, why do we let them get to us? Remember that another person’s anger, sadness, etc isn’t about us, it’s about them.
10. Face your fears: Make a note of the things you’re afraid of. Look at that list, figure out ways to overcome those fears. Maybe you’re afraid of switching careers. Maybe you have a fear of flying. Everyone has fears, but they should not take over and control your life.
11. LOVE YOURSELF: You do not have to be anything or anyone others expect you to be. You can be who and what you want. Finding love for yourself not only helps you but it helps your relationships with everyone else in your life.
Practice these 11 things and we guarantee you will feel better about yourself. We know from experience. :)
Nicole & Kiera